Thursday, July 19, 2018

Stopping Time


Why won't you stop?
Why won't you just listen?
I need a moment
Or maybe more
Till it all sinks in

From the moment that I started
With you as my constant companion
A shadow in the watch
A friend, sometimes a foe
An observer in oblivion

Till the highest of peaks
And deep into the oceans great
In school, in the mall
In office, in my hoe
Like a pendulum, you gyrate

Breaking me from within
And teaching me to move on
You are the teacher, I yearn for
When I reach out
You are long gone

O Time, yet again I plead
This is one moment that I need
The moment when you freeze
This moment in sorrow or in glee
Will never tend to cease or be freed

I need this moment to catch a breath
To sit in quiet and retrospect
To just stop running for a while
All I need is a moment to smile
And I plead and inflect

One challenge after another
Sometimes more than one at a time
I have fared through it all
Sometimes taking a toll
Other times with a shine like dime

Today is not any other day
The words fall short for what I have to say
Wanting a moment is a wish
Waiting for a shooting star, under
The starless night I lay

A moment for me
A moment for you
If you stop, the moment anew
Hold my hand, let me walk you through
When you stop, the moment comes true!

No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...