Thursday, May 28, 2015

Larger than Life

I am on way to my office. As usual there is a lot of traffic jam and as usual, I have headphones in my ears, listening to music and consumed in my own thoughts.
Few moments back, these thoughts meant big. I was thinking about what I lost and how hard it is to cope up.

While I was completely in submerged in another reality created by my own brain, an ambulance passed by the bus. Because there was the siren, I momentarily escaped my illusion and looked. It was an XUV... a Sumo kind of vehicle and inside there were army men. The vehicle had passed by till then but I kept staring from back, for as long as I could.
On the right, two army men were sitting with their arms crossed to their chest and on the left seat, there was a coffin and on top of it, flower rings of tricolor flowers.

Suddenly I feel so small. While, here I am not getting over a heartbreak, someone lost his life trying to protect my country and me. The other army men know that instead of this guy in the coffin, it could easily be one of them. Here I was complaining so much about things that are long gone, they were carrying a friend to his home. A friend they will never see again.
And just think how hard it would be to face the departed' family. My Eja left me of natural causes and yet it is hard for me to see her friends and cousins, all alive, knowing I won't be able to see my Eja ever again. Then the family... who will they blame?

I feel so small and that I complain about really petty things. I don't even know this guy or the thousands like him who serve at the border daily. So many of them risk their lives every second that we breathe. So many of them leave behind their loved one's so that we can all be at peace at night.

The only good thing that I felt was that it is noble of the Army and the country to see that these soldiers are sent in honor and pride on their last voyage...

Jai Hind.

No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...