Friday, August 3, 2018

I did the unimaginable !!!!!

Life is all about extending your comfort zone.. going out there in the unknown and mastering it. It is very simple to do something you know but it is extremely difficult to make something you don’t know, simple. Well naturally, blogging is something that comes naturally to me. It gives me immense pleasure to pen down (type) my thoughts and let them generate a flow of imagination. Yet, sometimes.. just one of those times.. I like to venture into the unknown and do what I don’t usually do. This time, I did something really unimaginable!!

The story begins that due to some really amazing mobile network providers (sarcasm .. since such an entity doesn’t exist ) I am forced to keep two mobiles ( also due to the fact that my mobiles - both of them - can accommodate only a single sim card ). It keeps me on my toes to keep checking them and that is something really hard since I am quite forgetful. It also has its benefits - one I use for talking to other people; the second is a personal one - contains my games and the editor where I type this content. Anyways.. it started out being difficult but now I am quite accustomed to this.
Then one fine day our very old neighbours come to visit us. They are quite simple and humble people. They come for dinner and we talk like people did in the 1980s (no thanks to people using digital communication to keep their personal spaces quite huge to be impenetrable!)
Anyways.. so usually I don’t talk much using either of my phones. Even then the phones were in my room and I was in the dining area - cooking, eating, chatting and happy! When they got up to leave, it was quite late and dad offered to drop them to their accommodation. I went to bid them farewell and notified that there was an empty seat in the car. Greedy for more moments for sheer and simple happiness, I told my mom that I am going as well and sat in the car.

The entire journey to drop them to their accommodation and back was roughly twenty minutes. I merrily talked to everyone while we went and then with my dad while returning. Not even once did I feel that I am disconnected from the world. I was actually more connected than I had been in a long time.
Only when I came back home I realised that I had taken the trip without either of my phones - those phones I carry even to the washroom - those phones that have replaced most of my friends with contacts - those phones which have replaced my watches with digital timed display - those phones that have replaced my mother waking me up with alarms - those phones that are a part of everything I do - from writing this blog to listening to songs - from singing to watching news - every little to every major thing imaginable! And the best part - I realised that I am fully capable in their absence. I was also happy!

Yes, I don’t deny that I need these. For instance these phones provide me quick ease to talk to my grandmother who is some distance away. This phone also enables me to type out this content wherever I am and whenever I want. But I don’t want to be smart because the phone I hold is a smart phone! It should be the other way around.

So yes - I am glad that I did something that most of us usually don’t do. I found happiness without any digitalisation.

No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...