Monday, November 24, 2008


A very sweet person quoted it to me (us) recently that ‘change is the only thing permanent however we still resist it’…aint that true?? Its so simple and yet so deep! This is the most obvious thing of life except the fact that we shall all die one day.

Now about this – life changes as objectives change. Just the other day I was arguing with someone that its actually people in our lives who change our life or say make it the way it is. The person I argued with kept saying that no its time…perceptions change with time and then life changes…

However, I shall still say what I did to him – as a junior school kid, life is so different. We are under parental protection and no matter whatever the problem is or however big it may seem to us, our parents and elder siblings are there for us always. Then in class 9 – 10, again things are different. We are moulded in a way to face something national level. We learn new things and learn to think on that level…

Then Class 11 – 12, life changes even further. I donno about others but the most drastic change in my life came when I came to class 11 (and mind you I am still there)…so much to study…just study and also live life as this is the age…

But if you can clearly see, life changed in these stages because of addition of new people. In class 9 – 10, we get new teachers who motivate us. Our relatives, family and friends all have their expectations. Its that which changes us. Further in class 11, we meet even more new teachers who have a completely different view of education and life and so with them we further change.

If you see clearly…aint it the people who affect you? We do things because our friends like those… so friends affect us.

I think getting into a college, getting a job and getting married are the 3 stages where life changes drastically. Even here because new people meet us.

When we enter a new college / school, we make so many friends, who affect us. When we get a job, again a whole new world comes to contact…and when we get married, I like to put it that the no. of people we know, doubles. Each relation doubles as one of ours and one of our spouse…

Anyways, back to the topic…people shall never stop coming into our life – some good, some okie, some bad…but all of them will have drastic effect on us…the change is therefore constant but being a human, I know that I shall never be able to accept it.

No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...