Monday, February 15, 2010

My name is Shruti and I just reviewed My Name is Khan

It was after a really long time that Karan Johar (KJo) bothered to make a decent movie... I remember someone saying it in an interview that what is the problem with movies like KANK... they dont sell in India because the Indian culture is different.. I would love have loved to ask that guy... yeah right.. your wife is sleeping with someone else behind your back.. she behaves dreadfully with you... wont you kill her like totally?
KANK didnt sell for it wasnt realistic!! Dostana was a good movie.. no doubt... but it was good because it was different... Indian audience has grown tired of the old horrid stuff.. so Dostana was a comic relief...

and now about - My Name is Khan (and I am not a terrorist)... I liked the story to be honest! It was about a man Rizwan Khan who is diseased by aspargus... his mother wanted him to have a happy family and finally he attains one for himself.. until he is questioned on being a muslim... his wife and son are hindus (son as in step son)... and they suffer the surname Khan... the story then deals with the struggle of an ordinary person to tell the world that his name is Khan and he is not a terrorist!

Indeed it was like after many movies one role of SRk that I can appreciate... best part of this role was that it was SRK's signature laugh... hahahahhaha... :D ... Aspargus is shown nicely... and trust me I never expected any Indian director to do such a good job with such a theme... medically or say pshycologically.. the movie is mostly perfect! (Rizwan can never ask for a hug... the disease of his will never let him know what a hug is.. so he looses a point there) Further I loved how Rizwan says 'okay' to everything and repeats it.. reminded me of Small Wonder :D and the way Rizwan smiles.. my God.. made me laugh so much... but honestly what took my heart 'It says the product will be delivered in 7 days, we are lieing.. It will only be delivered in 10 days' [Ps - If you havent seen the movie.. you wont get it.. I am not explaining for that will be spoilor!]

Next hot topic of discussion in the movie was Kajol.. yes Kajol is back after long but honestly the story was alot around Rizwan and the character Mandira couldnt come up to all its strength... the fight of a mother wasnot highlighted properly... further.. Kajol looks aged.. I know SRK is aged too but probably girls age more! She is also shown stern and a woman facing alot of difficulties of life.. I know that's how it was supposed to be but common that look of Anjali of K3G and KKHH was lost...

And then as everyone must have noticed.. alot of drama in the second half... in real life.. trust me a person gets tired of drama after a point and wont have more no matter whatever is on in his / her life but no.. it didnt stop there in the movie! So it grew a little boring...
Now someone tells me about Rizwan Khan that he did so much for humanity alone that most of us cant do in our lifetime... well to that I disagree... fine Rizwan was a good man but there are better people too... and we dont do the work is because somewhere we are scared to loose.. Rizwan had nothing to loose.. his family.. his wife had just disowned him... he wasnt in any mood to go to his brother's house and in that situation when a person has nothing to loose.. he looses his fear... he fears no more and does things to the best of his capabilities...

All in all.. I would give it a 3.5 on 5... but I really doubt it will break 3 Idiots records... and I hope on the medical side... we keep getting such movies! Welcome back KJo.. :D

No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...