Thursday, November 12, 2009

8 notes woven for 80 years


Well... I speak of none other than Lata Mangeshkar (sorry I dont know how to show the respect.. that is what to add in front of her name)...

I have been trying to do this diary entry since her birthday but I always forget :P

Well.. Lata Mangeshkar is better known as to 'share the title of the only other thing (person) apart from the Taj that none other than India holds' ...

She's truely a legend.. she's singing for like 60 years and I have like heard 600 voices but I have never found anyone who can sing anything equal to her... she's amazing.. a true "Bharat Ratna"

I really dont know why am I writing this.. but that day when I heard on the radio its Lata tai's birthday and there was some other event too that day.. I got to know it from radio about her birthday and that too late in the evening but the other event was too prominent... I hated that...

Since I donno.. but I had to be like some seconds old but since then I am listening to her... my dad's a big fan and I am bigger...!! :P I love Kishore da and Lata tai duets... both of them are the true essence and above everything.. Lata di has a song for everything!

She's sung over hundreds of songs and is the idol for lovers.. her so many duets have been anthem for lovers... and she's an all time diva for growing girls... but well she's been for me!

Today.. all I want to say is that I have heard like so many people from Geeta Dutt to Alisha Chinai... Celine Dion to Taylor Swift but never ever have I been able to get out of Lata di's magic...

I just hope she lives a great life and I get to listen to more of her... I know today the songs are different and not the kind Lata di would want to sing but her voice is what I want to hear... However.. even in the other case.. I just want her to be happy.. forever and always!

No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...