Friday, November 20, 2009

81 on 18th!!


Do you know (well I didnt but i am sure you know) that Mickey Mouse... turned 81 on 18th of November!!

Yes Mickey (and others who didnt know)... our very own lil hero has turned 81!

Let's see what wikipedia has to say about Mickey -

"Mickey Mouse is an American comic animal cartoon character who has become an icon for The Walt Disney Company. Mickey Mouse was created in 1928 by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks and voiced by Walt Disney. The Walt Disney Company celebrates his birth as November 18, 1928 upon the release of Steamboat Willie. Although Mickey had already appeared six months earlier in Plane Crazy (Steamboat Willie being the first Mickey Mouse Cartoon with sound).

The anthropomorphic mouse has evolved from being simply a character in animated cartoons and comic strips to become one of the most recognizable symbols in the world."

Wikipedia also tells us that Mickey replaced "Oswald the lucky rabbit" as disney's main toon.. have a look at Oswald's early pics and see arent both, he and Mickey, twins!!



Dont you see they are so much like peas in a pot??


Well what I really wanted this entry to be all about was that how Mickey has spread magic all around the world...
There should be no child who doesnt know Mickey.. indeed all adults do knw him too... he's simply cute and adorable..

Mickey is no magician (except in one tale which I agree is pretty popular :P)... he tells us that to do hardwork is the key to success... he tells us to help friends is what a good friend should do... and he teaches us alot more things... like nothing is impossible!

Today when I see kids seeing Chinese - English dubbed cartoons... I at times feel that they are missing all the disney magic that enchanted my childhood... they never watched Donald, Goofy, Talespin, Tom and Jerry, Aladdin, Mermaid, Hercules, Chip and Dale and so many more...

I remember Sony got a paid channel from 1 September.. I wasnt in India then... and I was praying desperately that let Sony be paid from 2nd for on 1st they were having a special episode on Disney Hour.. bt hard luck.. I will always remember this and feel unlucky about the same :(

I mean Disney is just so enchanted.. I love everything about Disney..

Back to Mickey... Mickey is just too cute... and on his birthday I just wanted to remember him (though I am 2 days late sorry :P)

Here are some of Mickey Times.. you might wanna remember -



Picture Perfect... muah...




Awww.. they are so cute together... I jus love them!




Remember this face... I use to always wish to see this.. it always meant - followed by a Mickey and friends cartoon (mostly mickey)




The magician episode.. I loved how the broom troubled him.. lolzz...





And here are some really lovely times...









No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...