Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Natural Ways to help your 'HAIR' - I

Like Nails, I am quite obsessed with my hair as well. Take Care of your Nails
Thanks to my mother, I was born blessed with good thick hair which grew in volumes. However, being thick, they were good curly and so I never liked that (I still don’t like curly)…
Therefore, despite liking long hair, I would cut them and never let them grow long enough.

About two years back, I got them rebonded. And that was my last thing with damaging them!!


Very important - if you are using a certain shampoo for long, don’t change it all of a sudden! Your hair falls like hell - that's my success story to spoiling my hair on the first place :(
And the second amazing thing I did to spoil them was use heavy chemicals. All shampoos and conditions which offer anything more than one thing - are BAD. They are high on chemical content and so never use them. Your shampoo should be as mild as possible - try herbal shampoos. I know they suck, but in the long run, they work.

I am using Ramdev's shampoo for quite sometime now and along with that I have been doing some other things too, and trust me, my hair is thick again. The quality of my hair is improving and I just love this thing about them. Even now when they are all curly and wavy again, I cant help my hand touching them over and over again. They are like pure silk when of course I have done the right thing to them ;)

Okie, so the hair care thing, I am going to post in small bits, for I realized that it was hard for anyone to read the entire nail section and get it completely. What's done is done… am not gonna do extra work to set it right.. I am sure you know me that much :)

WARNING! Hair are even more delicate than nails. You better spend atleast 10 mins daily to tend them, or you will never be able to. And its not a job for a month or an year. It's a lifetime process. So be prepared for it.
Also, like nails, if you got long hair, you wont be able to help them. For the longer the hair grows, the more damaged it gets. If you want good quality hair, I seriously advice to first cut your hair to a reasonable length (like a little longer than shoulder length) and then take care of them and see them grow healthy.

Here is the trick that you should do for the rest of your life!! Yes, you might not believe that, but if you follow just one tip for the rest of your life - your hair will eventually turn out great and will grow to a good length and remain so!


 1. Regular Massaging with Basic Oils

Regular massaging of the scalp with lukewarm oil helps to stimulate the hair follicles. This is also an easy way to cure hair growth deterrents like dandruff and fungal infections. Regular massaging increases the blood circulation in the scalp. It is also useful for lowering anxiety or stress that is often the underlying reason for thinning of hair. Recommended oils for 3 to 4 times-a-week massaging schedule includes coconut oil. You can alternate this with mustard oil. Keep the oil on for at least six hours before washing it off with a mild shampoo. Other oils that can be mixed with coconut oil in trace amounts for faster results include almond oil.

I say :

Massaging your help keeps it nourished and it is basically the food your hair need (this is what my mommy used to tell me when I was a little girl)… The best oil is definitely Coconut Oil. Use the Parachute Hot Coconut oil and take just in small quantity and massage your scalp ever so gently and you will see it works. Yes, it takes some time and you have to be patient but it will definitely work.
I don’t use coconut oil but an old oil called 'JawaKusum' and it has worked for me as well!!


2. Natural Concoctions for Preventing Hair Loss

Coconut milk is among the richest sources of tissue-nourishing, plant derivatives. It is an excellent home remedy for keeping the hair soft without depending upon chemical formulations and regenerating dead hair follicles. You can also use a concoction of coconut oil mixed with half the amount of Amla oil. Just add a dash of lemon juice to this mixture and you have an effective, dandruff-fighting and scalp-healing concoction that arrests receding hairline.



3. Nature’s Effective Hair-stimulating Juices

Wheatgrass juice is one of the most effective remedies against hair fall. It is known to decrease the shedding tendency of hair within a few weeks of regular intake. Aloe vera juice has a similar effect. However, aloe gel can be applied to the scalp too. This is helpful for preventing hair loss due to irritated, dry or infected scalp. After massaging the head with aloe gel, wash the hair with lukewarm water. This can be done twice, every week.



4. Slightly Demanding But Very Effective Natural Therapies

You can make your own hair fall-preventing medicine at home by frying some fenugreek (methi) seeds in coconut oil. Strain this mixture and apply it in minimal amounts, rubbed gently into the hair roots. Alternatively, you can boil some henna leaves in mustard oil. After cooling and straining this preparation, add drops of it in your coconut oil container that you are using for regular massaging.


5. Homemade Pastes

You can wash the hair with a paste made from Neem leaves. This is particularly effective for hair loss caused due excessive build up of scalp oil or invasive skin infections. For restoring the alkaline balance of the scalp and preventing hair fall, you can follow this with washing the hair with apple cider vinegar. Other homemade pastes that can be very useful include a mixture prepared from adding honey and olive oil to some cinnamon (dalchini) powder.

6. Arrest Hair Fall With Elementary Household Items

Before washing your hair, apply the juice extracted from crushed coriander (dhania) leaves. You can also use a mixture of curd and gram flour (chana atta) that should be kept-on for at least an hour before bathing.


7. Hair Fall Dietary Recommendations

For a comprehensive, hair fall prevention regimen, you need to be equipped with a diet plan that includes foods that can arrest hair fall and stimulate better scalp health. Recommendations here include eating more seeds and nuts (almonds and peanuts) along with green leafy vegetables like spinach and sprouts of a variety of dals (legumes). Basically, foods rich in calcium, protein and iron are vital for ensuring overall health of the scalp. Combine this with some basic dietary supplementation, i.e. using over-the-counter products that help to ensure wholesome nutrition for your hair. Regular intake of Amla juice ensures adequate amounts of Vitamin C but you can boost this with eating more guavas. Ensure you take a multivitamin that combines beta-carotenes, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin E and trace amounts of zinc and iron.

Just Remember : Your hair fall, you worry, and this makes your hair fall even faster! Stop the vicious cycle and relax!!!

No comments:

A little drama is required

Being an Indian, I can totally bet that you can just never get enough of drama. You may hate it yet you can’t escape it. I think that w...